THE LGBTI of RECRUITMENT
About the Program
LGBTI (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex) Inclusion initiatives are taking the corporate world and government employers by storm. One of the fastest growing diversity initiatives in Australia, employers are keen to showcase their LGBTI inclusivity initiatives and brand themselves as employers of choice in this area. LGBTI people are keen to find inclusive employers and will be gleaning information from the recruitment process, but not all will disclose what has to be one of the most critical employment decisions for them. So how can recruiters stay ahead of the game? What acronyms, language and diversity initiatives do you need to be aware of? How can you differentiate yourself to your employers and showcase dream jobs to the LGBTI population? This unique conversational seminar will equip professional recruiters with everything they need to know about LGBTI recruitment and will provide recruiters (regardless of whether you are internal or external to an organisation) with information on how they can not only differentiate themselves in this growing market, but make a very real difference in the process.
Session Time: 1-3.30pm,June 22. Numbers strictly limited to keep it conversational. Register your interest today. The course can also be delivered in house for a group of people in your organisation, ask for a quote.
Cost: $450.00 per person* (includes three publications and refreshments) * Pride in Diversity members 10% discount on ACON public programs.
- Dawn Hough, Director, Pride in Diversity Australia’s not-for-profit employer support program for LGBTI workplace inclusion
- Kimberly Olsen, Training & Engagement Manager ACON Training and Consulting.
Content covered will include:
- The rise of LGBTI inclusion initiatives and what this means for Recruiters
- Understanding the acronyms, the diversity message and disclosure sensitivities
- Understanding how what you say can influence perceptions and successful hires
- Knowing what organisations active in LGBTI inclusion will want conveyed to job seekers
- What LGBTI job seekers are looking for but may not tell you
- How an understanding of challenges faced by LGBTI people can differentiate you
- Unique challenges faced by Transgender and gender diverse people within the workforce
- How you can make a difference in a niche market
- Hear first-hand recruitment experiences of people within the LGBTI community You will receive:
- 2 hardcopy publications providing you with an in-depth understanding of Intersex Inclusion and non-binary genders
- A copy of Pride in Diversity’s LGBTI Recruitment Guide
- Opportunity to ask questions and converse in a safe, informal environment
Download a copy of the course flyer here
Register Your Interest
Public courses at ACON and in-house courses at your site are available (conditions apply).
To register your interest, click the Register Now Button below.
For more information, call Kimberly Olsen on (02) 9206.2141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org